Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tired Legs.

I can't even begin to describe what Day 4's are like. They are long, sometimes miserable, exhausting, my voice hurts, my legs feel like they could break off at any given time and I want to be anything but a teacher on Day 4's. To look on the bright side, Day 4's only come once a week. Thank you God for that. Once a week I have to really suck it up and pray that God be my strength for the day, because I know that I could lose it by the time 5th period comes around (and that's before lunch!). These days are hard and long, sometimes I run on auto pilot, but lately I've been finding myself looking for things to be thankful for. Making the act of being thankful a part of my job. At times I feel the peace and reassurance of God being on my side, but sometimes it truly is a struggle.

I know I still have a lot to learn. I always will. That doesn't bother me. But, I'm excited to see and feel a difference in the areas where I am learning and growing (and to be able to see God moving there as well).

It's still the end of Day 4 for this week, and only one more Day 4 to go before I head back to Texas for Christmas break, I'm exhausted. Exhausted, but still very thankful that God brought me through today and has given me the ability to teach and still be somewhat sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment