Friday, December 7, 2012

A Roatan Thanksgiving!

This year for Thanksgiving, I decided to get outta' town and head over to the beach. Destination: Roatan, Honduras (apparently world-renoun for their scuba diving). I ended up going with three other lovely Pinares teachers, Brittany, Leslie and Melynda. We spent a total of 3.something days and 3 nights in a pretty sweet hotel... and of course had a blast. Other than the lazy mornings/afternoons on the pier/beach, our trip included parasailing and snorkeling! Two things that I had never done before!! Both were awesome, but snorkeling there was mind-blowing! I felt like I was in a real-life version of Finding Nemo. Next time I visit, I will be sure to go scuba diving. The food there was very tasty and I was even surprised with a little bit of home for our Thanksgiving dinner. We ended up at a Texas themed beach-side restaurant with authentic Texas food!! That night, my heart melted with joy (no joke). Anyways, here are a few pictures of the events that happened that fine weekend away from Tegus.



 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment