Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry CHRISTmas

As I get older and find myself huddled over a pile of gifts, I also find myself feeling overwhelmed with thanksgiving. God has provided my family with so much - more than we may even realize. And the crazy thing is that it has become our "normal", another routine to our annual festivities. I am thankful and excited about the gifts that I received this year, but it goes beyond the gift wrapping and thoughtful present picking. I am thankful that we were able to get together for one night, play games, eat, talk about life and what the new year will hold, and then pray. We prayed together. We even sang happy birthday to Jesus. What a blessing it was to be in a room filled with relatives who wanted to pray together - even if for one night. I'm thankful for that five minutes where we could forget about all of the chaos going on around us and just offer thanksgiving up to our creator.


No comments:

Post a Comment