Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Decision Season

Here's some good advice I read today.

          In times of uncertainty, wait. Always, if you have any doubt, wait. Do not force yourself to any action. If     
          you have a restraint in your spirit, wait until all is clear, and do not go against it.

It came at a perfect timing. Actually, now that I think about it, I feel like this is the second time I've heard this in two weeks. Right now many of us are making decisions that could drastically affect the course of our lives this coming year. Some of us might be weighing out the options - making several pros and cons lists. For me, one promise that I continue to hold onto is Joshua 1:9 - Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

I know there are options. Some have kinda slapped me in the face. I know there is a comfort zone in which I shouldn't retreat to, but press forward in. I am aware of some of the struggles that are ahead of me, but I know that I won't be going through them alone. So for now, in the middle of the decision season I will wait for clarity. 

It's not a comfortable place to be in (being an ex-life planner and all), but it's a place where I can be reassured that whatever the outcome, something good will be brought forth. There are lessons that need the be learned.

I'm thankful for this reminder. 

My nephew chillin' in his bouncer. Talking up a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment