Monday, December 24, 2012

I can't help but be EXCITED!!!

Things may not be the same as two Christmases ago, but this year my heart is filled. I came across this random song by a random artist on Noisetrade with lyrics that speak straight to my single 25-year old self. So many friends are now entering the stage that I once held onto and I can't help but be so excited for them. They are all relationships that you can see God moving in, and that's what's so amazing. How awesome is that! I pray that God will be able to use them together to minister to others in a deep way. Although my own feelings about the subject have wavered here and there, I am reassured that God knows my desires. He wouldn't give them to me if he didn't want them for me. Right? So trust I will. And wait (the hard part). But today, when many are snuggled up close and find themselves wandering under a mistletoe, I will rejoice for them, thank God for planning out my future and pray for that person that God has yet to reveal.
     Any-who, this song... although it can sound kinda girly, the lyrics are words that I can only hope are true to the relationship that God will bring. Here are the lyrics that I can't help but get excited about this Christmas.

Sweet dreams and lullabies, 
staring up at the summer skies. 
Trusting in the mighty king above,
in bringing me the one that I'm supposed to love.
I pray about you every night and day.
I can't wait to finally hear you say
I'll be with you until the very end
because I love you.

I'm waiting patiently cuz I know it's not a race, 
but I'll keep on running until I see your pretty face.
I've been saving my heart for you. 
I want a love that lasts and always stays true.
Your prince is here to come and sweep you off your feet, 
I'll keep on fighting until that day we finally meet.
I'll be by your side until the very end because
I love you.

God I trust you with my life
You know my desires, 
my future wife
and I'm so glad 
with you there is no fait 
now all I have to do is trust and wait.

Girl, dont you know
that even though I'm not there to be yours right now
My God has it all in his hands.
Even when times get tough
I will turn and trust in his promises
His love will be the core of who we are.


So with all of that said, it's exciting!! I'm praying. Not that it will come soon (although I wouldn't mind that), but for a solid foundation. The last stanza is the most important... His love will be the core of who we are. That right there just makes my heart skip a beat! I can't help but be excited!!
     For all of you who are in that stage that I only hope to be in someday, congratulations! I'm excited for you too! May God truly be the center of your relationship. And may he continuously bless you this Christmas and coming new year.





No comments:

Post a Comment