Friday, December 21, 2012

Reconnect with the Now

I read a woman's blog today while standing in a ridiculously long line at a clothing store titled When Your Soul Needs To Feel It's Worth and it was worth the read. She writes about the importance in taking time daily to acknowledge where you are right now, to take in those deep breaths and reconnect with the now.
     I find myself thinking about the future way too often these days. Those thoughts of where I will be or what I will be doing (even in three months) consume some of my days and that's not right. How can someone fully experience the now when the mind is focused on the future? I'm reminded by todays blog to take that time to breathe deeply, reconnect with who I am - with who God has made me to be, and to thank God for the day ahead and ask for opportunities to bless. You could also say, to take the time to bring yourself back to reality.
     The world was supposed to end today (according to the Mayan calendar), and here I am sitting on a tiny couch, drinking a hot cup of mint tea with my dog at my feet typing and thanking God for another day. Now that I think about it, all my previous focus about the future wouldn't have mattered anyways if today was really the end of the world. So I type anyways and I take deep breaths. And I focus on today.
     It's good for me to evaluate where I am: spiritually, physically, mentally. It helps me to stay sane. I was really sick last week. I couldn't eat anything without feeling like it would soon resurface (not the point of this blog, but just an F.Y.I.). On top of that I was feeling anxious about the travel and what changes that would bring to my daily routine. I was nervous and unsettled. And now, I am here. I'm home, reconnecting with my roots, reevaluating life, and rediscovering my purpose. It's a challenging place to be in, but one in which I know I will grow - mostly because I know who stands besides me.



"Do you remember where you stand and who stands besides you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment