Thursday, January 5, 2012

When It's Hard Not To Cry

I pray. Hard.

2012 is finally here, but I am so thankful for all of the growing pains of 2011. It's not over though, and I am well aware of that. There is still so much to learn. But what better place to learn than in a place of complete surrender?
     I came back to Honduras five days before a majority of the other teachers. I was here to rest and readjust before school started up again, and also to bring in the New Year (my favorite holiday by the way). Surprisingly it wasn't difficult to readjust, it was more difficult when I began to think about 2011 and let alone 2010. With every New Year comes the desire to make resolutions. To come up with some list of things that you wish to accomplish within the upcoming year. This year was no different. There are some things that I would love to learn, playing the guitar and becoming fluent in Spanish are two that top the charts, but my relationship with Abba Father takes top priority.
     There are definitely things that I would like to happen this year, things that I have been praying for, but I am learning that it is not my timing that is right, but God's timing that makes it perfect. So, as frustrating as it may be and as impatient as I may get, I feel as though this is a time of waiting. A time of being patient and letting God work - in me and through me. I am excited for the relationships that are growing and for the part that I have to play here in Tegus.
     I guess you can say that I am looking forward to growing. I hope that my students see that in me and that they too develop a hunger for the peace that God has brought me.

     So 2012, bring it on. I may not be ready, but I know who I can turn to - the one who has never left my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment