Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Miss, Do you believe in God?

Yes, it's true. I had a student ask me the other day if I actually believed in God. And when I gave him a sincere answer, he continued to ask, "why?".

It's so surreal to see these students who attend a Christian school, have bible class and attend Chapel once a week to still be so skeptic. My life was changed in the 7th grade - I guess you can say that I "grew up" in a healthy environment, and I wouldn't change it for the world. I only wish the same for all of my students. I can only imagine what it would be like if the entire school had a heart for God like my friends and I did back in high school. Imagine what we could do - the impact we could make within this community. 

My hope is that they find what they are looking for. I hope that they see Christ's love through all of their teachers. That they feel Christ's love through our daily conversations. And I pray that the teachers and staff would be so bold as to stand up for our faith and for our loving God so that our students can come to know the same God that we serve everyday. 

This was my inspiration today. Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment