Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Yes, it is the 26th of January. Yes, the first month of the year will be over with in T-Minus 5 days. And, yes, I mean it when I say Happy New Year. This month not only seems like it has taken forever to come to an end, but it has been full of struggles and trials as well. Beginning with day one I was fighting against thoughts from the past. Not a great way to start the year I must say. After that, one thing after another seemed to be calling my name - plus, the end of the quarter was near.
     I had so many ideas in which to start the year off with and a list of New Year's Resolutions by which to plan around. But all of that came to a pause and I was forced to regroup. Talk about community! One thing I'm thankful for is the opportunity to open up and talk to others and share what I am going through with them - knowing that they will cover me with prayer. I had so many great one-on-one conversations with both close friends and with others in the community who I am just getting to know better. I've had great trips down to the city, and have been introduced to new coffee shops as well. I even bought a guitar and learned a song!! And as of today, I've taken up kickboxing! ;)
     So, even though it's taken 26 days to finally get in the swing of things, the day has come. No more tears, no more frustrations (or at least none school related), no more anxieties, no more fear. The lesson here is trusting in God. It's not an easy lesson to learn, but it is one worth learning. My excitement for this year has come back, and I'm ready to take on any other challenges that may come my way during this season of growth.
     I'm ready to jump back in with the youth group, ready to begin new projects in my classes and bring a new attitude to the classroom. I'm ready to become more involved in other's lives and to experience more of the culture here in Honduras, y yo quiero practicar mas Espanol tambien. Whatever happens, I do know that God has me here for a reason, and in that I can find rest.

So bring it on 2012!! Bring it, rain or shine!

Oh yeah, yesterday was Feliz Dia de los Mujeres!! (Woman's Day - can you believe that?)
The school gave all of the female staff roses and some cookies! That made my day for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment