Monday, January 9, 2012

a Signature

Today I signed.

I am proud to announce, and with much excitement, that I will be returning to teach here at Academia Los Pinares for a second year (school year 2012-2013). I knew in my heart that this is where God wants me for now and I have been so blessed with those around me that it's hard to think that I belong anywhere else. After my verbal agreement back in December, I went home finally to release the news over the holidays. But today, after picking up that fancy pen and then setting it down, I felt something so surreal. I came with the idea of staying for one year, and now I have grown to love it here... and in only a mere 5 months.
    All I can say is, wow.
   When God moves, He does it big.
I immediately went into the nearest room down the hall and (while hyperventilating) released all of my excitement and energy to the nearest recipient. It's true. I have this crazy way of releasing my emotions - I laugh. Whether I'm in pain, suffering, choking, excited, nervous, confused, happy, or maybe even sad... I laugh. This was no different. I couldn't help it. I'm thankful for the people who were around this morning to celebrate in the huge life choice that I made this morning. The signature wouldn't mean a thing if I wasn't able to share it with others.

I guess you can say that overall, today was a great day. A huge change from last week. I'm looking forward to all of the many other surprises that God has in store for me this week.

A cup of Joy that overflows is waiting to be shared with those who are willing to receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment