Thursday, January 12, 2012

Good Advice

Lately one thing has been on my mind, and there is one person who knows what it is. Today he gave some very wise advice. It was almost like he knew exactly what to say as a reminder for me to work on my patience. He said,
"Don't get up and run, you might fall down. 
Instead wait patiently and let God move. He will do great things when you wait patiently". 
Well said, I must say.
     Lately I've felt like I need to make a move. This past year has been a year of growth, but also such a challenging year in letting go of the security that comes with being in a relationship. I know it's time to learn how to be independent, yet dependent on Him alone. It's going to be challenging, but I also know that I need this season to help me grow into what God has for me in the future.
     I'm thankful for all of the prayer that I've received concerning the issue. For those who are also fighting this battle with me, and for the wise words that I can take from daily conversations and use in my own fight.

In the end, it's all a battle in the mind, but one that I can overcome.

Phil 4: 4-9
4. Rejoice in the Lord always: again I will say, Rejoice.
5. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand:
6. do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
7. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable
if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 
9. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me-practice these things, 
and the God of peace will be with you. "

No comments:

Post a Comment