Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Field of Dandelions

There's a single dandelion standing. What's a girl to do? Kick it of course! But I didn't. Not last time, and not the time time before that either. I just waited. I waited for the perfect opportunity to get that slightest hint of joy from kicking a dandelion and watching all of the little seeds fly away.
     Seems like not that big of a deal, but when there's so much going on and so much chaos clouding your vision then it becomes a big deal. As of tomorrow, January 2012 will be officially over. It feels like this month has taken twice as long to get through than any other month since I've been here. There have been many struggles, but also several moments of joy.
     One thing that I know for sure that I am learning now more than ever is the importance of patience. The importance of being patient with God, being patient with my students, and mostly begin patient with myself. I catch myself wanting the future to be here already, but I really just need to learn to enjoy what I have here now. The opportunities that I have now are limitless and I'm learning to not take that for granted. So, come February, I will do more in the now, and think less of the future. God has my life planned out - why would I want to alter any of that? I tried to do things on my own before and the results of that hurt. But thankfully my God is a God who has everlasting Love and has never given up on me - even when I turn from him to pursue my own desires.
     Living in the now. You should do it too. Now, go kick a dandelion!!

No comments:

Post a Comment