Saturday, December 24, 2011

Waiting Patiently

As this year comes to a close, I am reminded of one thing. Where I was this time last year was a completely different me. Throughout the year God has taught me to be content in Him and learn to listen to His voice - even when He whispers. The road has been a difficult one, but through all of the potholes and detours, I can say that my relationship with God has definitely grown.
     I remember the big decisions that I had to make this time last year, and the conversation that I was going home to. I remember the feeling of anticipation for the next step, feeling as though everything was going to be okay. But little did I know, my world was about to be flipped upside down. I was going to enter 2011 with a clean slate and even more decisions to make. But here I am now. I have a job that I really enjoy waking up to and some of the greatest friends that I could ask for.
     The journey is not over though, there are still huge decisions to make and memories from the past seem to be haunting me. I have not been able to sleep very well the past few days, but I know that a breakthrough is on its way. My God is greater than the past. He is greater than my situations - and for that I am thankful.
     It's not going to be easy. In fact, I may be up for some really tough times, but I can always rely on Him for comfort and for protection. Waiting patiently, I feel, is going to be the theme for this next season. Waiting for the things that I most desire, waiting for His perfect timing, waiting, waiting, waiting. Patience. I'm a pretty patient person, but this is going to test my trust as well. Trusting that He knows what is best and when to reveal it. Whatever "it" may be.

So here goes, cheers to the new season.

No comments:

Post a Comment