Friday, December 23, 2011

In The Middle - In Between

Yeah, yeah, so I'm the middle child. So what. That's not what this is really about. It's more so about being in that place in life where you are searching. There's such a world of opportunity out there that the options are literally endless. I'm not burdened by a house payment or car payment, yes, I have student loans to deal with, but my options are still wide open. I can move anywhere I want, and do something... anything.
     What I have learned from before is that when you take the time to listen to that small still voice, then He will direct your path. And where He takes you... man, the amount of joy and peace that comes with it is indescribable. Right now, I am exactly where He has called me to be. Even though I am currently visiting in the States, I know that when I return in a week I will feel like I'm home.
     Culture shock comes with big changes, especially with moving outside of the country. But for one reason or another, my "culture shock" has hit during my return home (my return to El Paso). It's not that I don't like being here, but life here is so much more fast paced and on the go that I feel a little overwhelmed. I never realized how busy we really did keep ourselves - how busy my life must have been before the big change. And now, I miss the pine trees, the runs, the hanging out and just enjoying the presence of others. Now, I know that all of that can be accomplished here as well, but when? In between the rush from store to store, during our one hour lunch break in which we go to grab some fast food, or once we get home only to do more work? There seems to never be enough hours in a day to fit in all that we set for ourselves to accomplish.
     Even though everyone here is still going abut their normal schedules, I'm glad to have the opportunity to be here. To visit with family and friends, and to just be. I'm still learning how to be flexible and "go with the flow", but it's coming along much more easily now than before. Two things that I realized I've been missing... driving and text messages. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment