Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Enséñame A Amar

     It's nuts to think that the act of loving is easy. I wish I could say that it was the easiest thing for me to show and do, but during times like this week, it's been very difficult. I know that God calls us to love one another - to serve each other. But when attitudes change with the weather and someone hurts you, how easy is it then to show love? This week alone has been a challenge in that area. With the winter break slowly approaching it seems as though my older students have developed this attitude change. It's not only with me, but with many of the other teachers as well.  There have even been behavior problems with some of my best students. As much as I allow them to have their time for creativity and socialization, when work is not getting done, then that's when Ms. Discipline has to step in and it's not always pretty. They've seen me serious before, and they've seen my more relaxed side, but do they see God's love shine through me? I hope so. I pray for them as if they are my own children. I want them all to be successful, but do I communicate that to them?
     With everything that has been going on, both at school and in my personal life, I'm starting to feel the pressure. It's like November threw-up on me (some of you will know what I mean by that - sorry it's kinda gross). One by one, things have been creeping up and I'm sure it's a reminder for me to stay focused on God and to let Him do His work through me. I was reminded of a scripture the other day from a friend, it was
I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
He delivered me from all my fears
Psalm 34:4

     What a great reminder that was to know that when we seek God, he will answer us. So during this time when it's difficult to Love, all I have to do is seek the one who IS Love and He will answer me. I pray that as the time goes on, that God will continuously teach me how to Love like He Loves. That God will show me ways in which I can best express His Love in the classroom. I am so thankful for the many ways in which God has displayed His Love for me this year and I don't want to keep it bottled up. 


That's all I have for now, but I'll leave you with a beautiful song I came across the other day ... enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment