Monday, April 15, 2013

Two More Months and So Much Change.

In exactly two months from today I will be back on Texas soil. First destination is El Paso and I'm well aware of all the changes going on within the city. After two demolitions of important landmarks for the city this past weekend alone, there's a lot to take in when I return. For starters my brother now has a house and my nephew is going to be just over 1 year old! Friends and family are going to be top priority - in the end it's the relationships that count, right?

Two years have flown by. But Glory be to God who has walked with me through all of the adventures, experiences, trials and moments that took my breath away. I will leave with experiences in which I would have never thought possible. I've traveled and experienced a culture that I've only seen on the big screen or in magazines, and yes, the travel bug has a steady bite. I look forward to the next opportunity to see a culture other than my own, but I also look forward to returning to those who I love dearly. I have one more important stop before I head out - Nicaragua. The motherland (sort of speak).

I can't even begin to express how much I have grown up here. The extent of my Spiritual growth is so great and I'm thankful that it's not even close to being over, because I want to always be in search for a deeper relationship with my Savior. There's nothing like the relationship between creation and the Creator.

I'm an art teacher! That in-and-of-its-self still blows my mind away. I get to teach kids how to create! And although the classroom experience is more than just art, it's life. And life can be hard sometimes. I feel honored that God trusted me in the hands of these kids who need that extra bit of encouragement, or that moment in which a life lesson can be learned. I get to teach art. I have been privileged to be able to teach art for almost two years now. How cool is that!? And I will forever be amazed that I've had this opportunity here in Honduras.

So let the countdown begin. God is moving. I'm not worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment