Thursday, August 23, 2012

Let The Waters Rise

There's a raging sea,
right in front of me,
wants to pull me in,
bring me to my knees.
So let the waters rise,
if you want them to.
I will follow you,
I will follow you.

The lyrics of such an encouraging song. The power of the words and the truth behind them and a generation that will hopefully believe in them with all of their hearts.
The song continues with...

God your love is enough,
You will pull me through,
I'm holding onto you.

As of today I have met all of my new 7th graders for this year. Two of the sections completed their information sheets and I was able to bring them home to look over and get to know them on paper.  It is such an encouragement to see what's important to them. One of the questions was to list three things that they are grateful for. Many of them listed family and friends, but they also included the privilege being able to be in high school at ALP and the fact that they have Jesus' Grace. This group of kids already have my heart. I read some of the struggles that some of them have already had to face... some struggles that I haven't even experienced. They are almost forced to grow up so quick. I'm thankful that many of them told me that they love to draw and to see that they do draw for fun!

To say the least, I'm excited for this year and I'm looking forward to getting to know these kiddos and see what they are capable of creating this year in art.


No comments:

Post a Comment