Thursday, August 16, 2012

Falling Down The Stairs

It's true. I fell. I fell and couldn't help but laugh. Laugh because it hurt, I was in pain, it was silly and no one was around to witness the event let alone help a sista' out. And here I am, with a sore body from my fall down a flight of stairs. Ugh.

I've been back now for almost a month and within 2 days of being back I have had to readjust my thinking. There have already been many challenges (which seems to be a theme lately) and it's been very difficult transitioning back to Honduras this time around. I've found myself missing home a tad bit more, missing my friends, and missing the freedom to get up and go. I miss the ease of transportation, my Zoey, and most of all my nephew.

Life is full of hills and valleys, or so I've read lately. I guess I'm on my way down the hill (or the stairs). I hope though that I get the opportunity to head back up sometime soon. I don't really know. This summer nocked me upside down, returning here... well, it's been nuts. On top of heartache, letting go of old friendships, feeling the effects of split parents, and having to pretty much start over it has been quite exhausting readjusting back here. On a good note, I am excited to begin classes next week. I'm excited to get to see my students from last year, and get to meet the incoming 7th graders. And I can't wait to begin new projects. I really do Love my job, so that makes it a little easier to return. We'll see how this goes though.

For those of you praying for me, pray for peace. For my heart to be at rest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment