Monday, January 28, 2013

Key Word: Trust

I'm about 2245.88 miles away from my hometown of El Paso, Texas and so when things get a little shaky over there it's difficult for my mind not to wonder. I will admit, I'm not big on phone calls, and lately I've had trouble just keeping up with emails. I'm more of a "be there in person" kinda girl, and so being 2245.88 miles away makes it quite difficult for me to "be there" completely.
     To say the least, things did get a little shaky one night a few weeks ago. And what did I do? I burst into tears and ran to those who knew my story over here in my third home (aka Honduras)- to those who knew a bit of my past, could relate, and would be prayer warriors for me. I'm so thankful for them. For taking in my blushing face and tear filled eyes and for listening to me.
     And through it all I felt peace. I prayed a lot, and with that came peace. I knew I could trust my God with the situation and the outcome, and I had no doubt that it would be for His glory - one way or another. I didn't question Him. I didn't get angry with Him. I trusted. Writing this all down makes it seem so easy to just trust God. Don't get me wrong, it's not easy. But with practice in trusting in the small things you can learn to trust in the bigger more life-threatening things. So I sit here, at peace with what is going on at home, knowing that I can't jump on a plane for a weekend because of financial reasons, and accepting where I am right now. I find myself having to continue to trust God daily. Trusting Him that this 2245.88 mile separation from my Texas home is for a reason and has a time frame. And learning to lean on Him to tell me when that distance can decrease.


No comments:

Post a Comment