Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Relief Beyond Words

You can conquer anything with God. And it's such an awesome reality that many of us may overlook in many situations. I know that I have been through instances in which I tried to take control and "work things out" according to what I wanted the outcome to look like, funny thing is ...that NEVER works out. When I take things into my own hands all I do is find myself falling to my knees, crying out for help. But I've learned a lesson over the past two years. Don't take control. Don't even attempt it. Because for me, all that ends up being is a waste of time, energy, and emotions - all of which could be better spent in prayer and worship. Something I've been working on over the past two years deals with forgiveness and accepting the now with a specific person. It's been such a long battle, but a real one. And up until this moment, I've been restless. But thankfully, due to recent events that have unfolded over the past couple of months, I've been able to let go. I've been given a peace about this relationship and I am without a doubt that God has been working through my search for cleansing.
     I have been wounded, and renewed. I've shed tears and can smile through them because I serve a God of peace and comfort... and as far as my future goes... who cares? I know where I stand right now and there is relief. I can breathe deep breaths of forgiveness. And although I may hurt from time to time for the other person, I am putting them in the palm of God's hands and I can rest assured that they will be taken care of. And I can be okay with that.
     My heart is full. And I only wish that those who are hurting could all find this place of fullness and relief. We aren't called to hide in those dark places/situations. We are called to light, to be the light. And when we can give God the opportunity to move and strengthen us, when we can get to the point of not wanting the control and allowing Him to have the control, then amazing things can happen all around us. Our situations will begin to change. Our hearts will begin to be molded to be just like His... and what better place would it be, than to rest with relief, knowing that God has it all under control.

My heartfelt thoughts for today.




No comments:

Post a Comment