Sunday, October 28, 2012

Love and Reconnect

I'm not a mother yet. One of many things that I am thankful for right now. I can't imagine what it would be like to love someone so much that you would rather die than to have them be hurting. I have close friends from my past that I find myself still caring for even though we have spent several years apart and without communication. I've recently have had the pleasure of reconnecting with many of those friends, and just hearing what they've been going through over the past few years is astonishing. Lives go on. The story doesn't end when relationships do (or when they take a pause). The "could have", "would have", "wanted to have happened" scenarios play repeat in my head. It's definitely a challenge to learn how to take those relationship and enjoy them for what they now are, and to let the "what they were" stay behind. We are all grown up dealing with real life problems. We are adults, and to be honest, reality hurts. It's a stinger. Yet I love them the same way. I can tell that the love that I have for them is still the same. I value them more though. I only wish that those years that we were apart were years where we stay connected without the having to reconnect.

Anyways, the point that I'm trying to make is that if I love them this much now, even past the years of no communication and the changes that we all made to our lives, how much more could I love someone else who God allowed me to create? Or love someone who God has called me to spend the rest of my life with? Or even better, how much did Jesus love us that He would actually die for us? The thought of that is overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment