Friday, October 5, 2012

Lean Hard

I just read this and wanted to share. How often do we remember that the struggles and conflicts that we come across on a daily basis were predetermined by our Creator? That the issues that we face and the hurt that we deal with were placed in our lives because God wants to use it as an opportunity for us to learn to lean on Him more? I know that I don't always see my circumstances in that light. I see it as something that I have caused to happen to me (sounds a little selfish doesn't it?). So this devotional came at the right time. This week I struggled. I had more one-on-one parent-teacher conferences than I would like, students complaining and whining, and just overall stress over words that hurt. I've opened myself up and shared my struggles with others and I am believing that God is using my circumstances to somehow reveal His Glory. So back to this devotional... It was a good reminder that I do have a support system. I have the One who I can lean on and hand over my burdens.

Here it is...
Sarah's first bloom in the garden. 

"Child of My love, lean hard,
And let Me feel the pressure of thy care;
I know thy burden, child. I shaped it;
Poised it in Mine Own hand; made no proportion
In its weight to thine unaided strength,
For even as I laid it on, I said,
'I shall be near, and while she leans on Me,
This burden shall be Mine, not hers;
So shall I keep My child within the circling arms
Of My Own love.' Here lay it down, nor fear
To impose it on a shoulder which upholds
he government of worlds. Yet closer come:
Thou art not near enough. I would embrace thy
care; So I might feel My child reposing on My breast.
Thou lovest Me? I knew it. Doubt not then;
But Wing Me, lean hard."


I got this from the Streams in the Desert Devotional - Oct 5, 2012. I bolded the lines that stuck out to me the most as well. Enjoy!
http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/desert/

No comments:

Post a Comment