Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Learning not to Complain

I have found myself very frustrated with myself lately. I'm reminded of my little girl years and the amount of complaining that I shared with the world (or mostly just my parents). I complained about a lot. I complained about pain here or pain there or just how things weren't fair. Well, now I'm much older, still enduring pain every now and then, but the only difference is that the audience has changed. I don't want to be that annoying girl who constantly has something to say about everything that's happening around her. Lately I've been having these migraines, but I have no idea where they're coming from. And even more recently.... I "fully dislocated" my left pinky. You would think that an injury to your pinky wouldn't be too bad... think again. It hurts to even put my hair up in a ponytail! (Granted that I do have a lot of hair).

Well, if you know anything about me, you know that I make noises. There's a sound for everything. A sound for when I wake up in the morning. A sound for when I'm cooking, or telling stories, or to show frustration, or pure happiness. And don't forget the numerous amount of sounds that come out when I play any competitive sport/game. So of course it only comes naturally for noises to come out when I'm in a constant pain. Every involuntary movement from my left hand includes some shot of pain through the side of my left hand. Then I felt frustrated. I'm trying not to be a big baby and just suck it up, but it's definitely a challenge. Most of the time I catch myself complaining after the noise has already been shared.

Anyway, all of this to say that I've been learning little things about myself that I am constantly working on to improve. I may still complain every now and then, but it's nothing like it use to be. :)

Not broken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment