Monday, July 2, 2012

I Need Encouragement... I think We All Do


I frequently find myself referring to this app from DaySpring which lists several blogs that offer encouragement. If you don't have it I suggest you get it (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dayspring/id374552246?mt=8) 
I just read this and it made my day:
     If I can encourage you in one thing this week, it is to be praying
     If your appetite is whetted by the single scripture verses each day, keep reading!
     If the Holy Spirit is convicting you, if worry is plaguing you, if Satan is distracting or discouraging you,      keep seeking.
I have definitely been feeling a little distracted in my walk lately, but I am thankful that I can at least pin-point some of the areas in which my mind has wondered off to. My heart wants so much to just be following God's call. It's such a crazy feeling right now to learn how to wisely spend my time and where to put more effort and more time in. I feel like I'm in three different places all at once (and being sick for the past 2 weeks hasn't helped either). There's a lot to process. 
     Encouragement. Everyone needs it. Whether it is a direct encouragement to someone, or something as simple as a status update that is meant for several eyes to take in. I'm thankful for those wise women in my life who are full of sharing their testimonies and daily life experiences in such an encouraging way on social media. This school year, with my students, I look forward to putting more effort into encouraging their lives. I'm excited to be going back to 210-something faces that I do know and to learn about the new 60-something 7th graders that will be coming in. I know that I can't individually impact them all, but I do know that I can teach them more than just art. 

Got to love 7th grade personalities and Photobooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment