Friday, July 13, 2012

No Pain, No Gain

What would life be like if we never experienced any growth? If we always remained static in our everyday routines. There wouldn't be much excitement that's for sure. It's funny though how when we find ourselves (or I guess I speaking from a personal point of view really) in the middle of trial, we (I) tend to be blinded into seeing the negatives, the downfalls, the "I will never get out of this hole" kind of perspective. I find that happening to me every once in a while, but I'm quickly reminded of who brought me to the trial that I am facing. I am reminded that He would never bring me to anything that He didn't think I couldn't handle. And yes, I fall short every time, but He is always there to pick me right back up. And I believe that He will be there in the end of the trial as well, welcoming me with open arms.
     So about that pain huh, not such a pleasant thing to think about. But if I could speak from experience for a little bit, as soon as you hit that wall (the pain) remind yourself that you are brought to the obstacle only because you can overcome it. Remember though, the victory doesn't come when you do it alone. You need to trust and have faith that God is putting you through this challenge for a reason and that there is definitely a lesson to be learned in the process.
     So the real challenge is not so much will you make it out of the trial. It's more like, how will you make it out of the trial? You can do it alone with your own weak human-strength, or you can go at it full force with God Almighty-strength. You definitely have a choice.


I was reading through the beginning of Isaiah earlier and this may or may not have a connection to what I wrote above, but it's too powerful to keep to myself. Such a great reminder.

18. "Come now, let us reason tougher, "
says the Lord.
"Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool.
19. If you are willing and obedient.
you will eat the best from the land;
but if you resist and rebel,
you will be devoured by the sword."
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.
-Isaish 1:28


No comments:

Post a Comment