Friday, June 29, 2012

The Greatest Feeling in the World

... is knowing that you are following God's direction for your life. Hands down that is the greatest feeling in the world. Why? Because for someone who doesn't know much, who is afraid of making big life changing decisions... for someone who thinks and rethinks over the small things, it's pretty amazing to know that all I had to do was take the first step and let Him lead. And that's a great feeling. I'm not overwhelmed with the stresses of post-college syndrome of not knowing where to settle and get a real job. I have a real job. Maybe not with an American salary, but definitely with hours put in outside of the "work week". And still, God is great and he has provided for me this entire time!
     It is exciting to come back to the places where I grew up. To see familiar faces and be reunited with the ones I loved just before the big change. To be able to visit all of my past favorite places and eat the food that I only dream of having in another country. and while, yes, being here does make me miss some things here and there.... it makes me miss the country that I've grown to love over the year just a little bit more.
     God is moving folks. He is about to release some wild things and we need to be ready for it. We need to check ourselves and remind ourselves that our focus needs to be on Him and glorifying His kingdom before anything else. it's SOO exciting!! My heartbeat is racing thinking about all that is to come. You know, sometimes you have to let go of wanting to have life run perfectly and let God (who already knows everything) take control. I know this. It has been a crazy lesson to learn over the years. But I believe that He has my best interest at heart.

... and I think I can trust Him with my heart. with All of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment