Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's November! Finally.

Feels like I've waited 11 months for November to come around again ;). I can't explain what it is, but I just absolutely Love this month and all that it holds. I wouldn't consider it to be bias because it is my birthday month, but there is something about November, fall colors, cooler weather, and warm food that I absolutely adore about this month. Now, as much of a fairy tale as this sounds, the idea of snuggling up by a fireplace, or getting cozy in a room full of people drinking hot chocolate while the wind and clouds hangout outside is such a warming feeling. Not that this happens everyday, but when it does... it's magical. Or at least to me it is. Not to mention, but some of the coolest people I know were born in this month, and hence, this month is full of celebration and thanksgiving. It also brings anticipation for the next month to come... when family gets together and the life of Jesus is celebrated.
     Well, all of this sounds so great, and it's hard for me to not feel excitement when I think about this month and all that it has to hold, but in the season that I am in, there are also feelings contrary to what I am looking forward to.
     Monday, October 31st was the first time since I've been here where all I wanted to do was run, and keep on running. I missed a lot of people and a lot of things that were at one point comfortable to me. And here I was, in a situation that isn't necessarily uncomfortable, but it is so different that it made me really nervous and very anxious. It's like the words had escaped me and all I could do was run. The energy came out of no where and I literally ran four different times, about half an hour each time. When I thought I was done with a run, I would return home, but then feel this anxiety and uneasiness, so I would head out again for another run. It felt great, no doubt. The cool breeze and the swaying the the tall pine trees all around. It was actually a beautiful experience that maybe I never wanted to end. Not to mention the song that I put on repeat... Jars of Clay's "Safe To Land".
     I woke up, November 1, 2011, feeling refreshed, relieved and full of energy. It was a great way to bring in the new month with a new perspective. The things I was constantly reminded of just the day before still snuck into my thoughts throughout the day, but my heart had a greater sense of peace... and I am thankful for that. Now it's only day 3 into November and I feel as though this month is going to already be a huge challenge and growing point this year. I am truly thankful for the people that God has placed here with me. Without their smiles and encouraging words, things could easily be on the other end of the train tracks. But hey, there's still 27 more days in November, and I WILL make the most out of each one of them. I have come a long way and there is much to be celebrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment