Friday, November 4, 2011

Clear Skies, Bright Moon

I took a walk after school today. The perfect time of day, when the sky is changing constantly and the chaos seems to cease. It's within that brief time of day when I can sit in one spot and just admire God's creativity. So I jumped out of the work clothes got into something comfy and headed out the door. I walked over to the playground over by the elementary buildings and just sat on a swing. I stared up at the sky and watched the clouds float by as if they were racing somewhere. I sat there so long that my hips began to go numb, so I relocated to the top of the jungle gym. Again, I stared up at the sky, but by this time the night had taken over and the moon was shining. The moon was so bright that I couldn't even stare at it for more than a few seconds at a time. It illuminated the entire playground - talk about natural lighting! One by one, stars began to peak out of the fading clouds until ultimately there were hundreds of them. All shining down with their unique personalities flickering and waiting for attention.
     I couldn't help but reflect. Reflect on God's grace and His blessings. I went back to November of last year (2010) and replayed the events that lead up to today, November (2011). What a journey! So yes, I talked to the moon - that one's for you Keshia Rae! I am just so overwhelmed with thankfulness for God's faithfulness. I can see where He was calling me, and where I was being stubborn. I can kick myself for not listening to His voice sooner, but am still thankful for the opportunities that He gave me to get back in line with His plans. Crazy things happen when we actually listen and follow through. Crazy things like pure JOY and EXCITEMENT. Things like SECURITY and COMPANIONSHIP. It's amazing and my prayer is that everyone will have the opportunity to reach this point or greater.
     Take a look at me now. I would have never guessed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment