Sunday, July 17, 2011

Memory Lane

The day started off with a trip down memory lane. I drove around my old stomping grounds to meet my uncle and cousins for coffee and couldn't help but play back different scenes from the past. Austin has definitely become my home. I can honestly say that I've experienced living in practically every area of Austin - starting in the heart of Austin at UT in Jester West, then good 'ol Riverside, then William Cannon, Far West/Steck area, Menchaca, Slaughter, Oltorf & South 1st (my favorite spot!!), nights at the Loyd's house on Exposition and last but not least Dessau & Parmer area.  I will dearly miss all of the people I've met and all of the places that quickly became hangout spots. Not to mention this summer! The summer of DISCOVERY!! This summer definitely checked a few things off the bucket list.

But like all things, they come to an end. It's almost like time sped up on purpose today - reality check I guess. After lunch with some of the coolest people I know I spent a good amount of time packing up the car, rearranging, then packing more things (with initial help of some friends of course). But I didn't do much else today. I had time to enjoy the sunset on my drive out of the apartment complex, and had several great conversations and goodbye hugs throughout the day. It is such a blessing to be leaving with the amount of support and Love that I have here. I am really excited to get this show on the road and see what God has in store for me... first stop... a drive to El Paso, TX ... all by myself!

Phew! I'm exhausted just thinking about the dusty road ahead, but don't worry Austin, I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment