Monday, July 4, 2011

The countdown begins...

In exactly one month from now I will be on my way to the vibrant country of Honduras. I can't help but squeal like a child! I am preparing myself mentally for the roller coaster ride, but I know that I will be protected and covered in prayer by the many friends and relationships that I have established here in Austin. I am currently sitting in a room that has half-packed boxes stacked along the walls and all of my crazy art supplies piled in numerous places throughout the space. Even though the teacher manuel gave suggestions as to what to take, I feel as though I don't even know where to begin. A part of me just wants to take a suitcase and wish for the best, but of course there's the planner part of me that needs to make lists. LISTS! Are you kidding me? I think I've made at least three lists of the same items to pack with only minor differences. I think I may need a personal assistant for this one.

I'm shocked, despite the list congestion, at the amount of peace that I have right now. It's the 4th of July - Independence Day! Today means just that for me too! I'm not only celebrating the freedom of our country, but the freedom that God is bringing me to! It's my independence day sort-of-speak! So, let's celebrate! Bring on the cookout, the friendships and the blessed conversations. This is definitely a day to be celebrated!


God is faithful to those who seek Him with everything!!


No comments:

Post a Comment