Friday, July 1, 2011

Joshua 1:9

It's amazing to me how God can be everywhere, all at once, and hold all of our fears and anxieties in the palm of his hand - if you are willing and let him. Just before graduation I was overwhelmed with the same fears as many fresh graduates are - being immersed in the job market. I applied for all and any art educator positions that I could find. Low and behold, God had a different plan. Or let's say, an alternate plan for me at this time. An opportunity to teach in Honduras. 
     
With all that said, this morning I received a call asking if I would like to interview for a position in the San Antonio School District. I just woke up mind you, so when I heard that from the other end I was shocked, but all that came out of my mouth was, "I was already offered a position, thank you". The lady said congrats and wished me luck. As soon as the phone clicked a sense of confusion rushed over, and I began to regret saying no to the interview. Thoughts of missed opportunity came across my mind, but in my head I recapped what was going to be happening within the next month. I have an opportunity that may come to me once in my life. Joshua 1:9 was my reminder, God will be with me - even in Honduras. And when I come back to the states, God will be with me there. He will provide all of the opportunities. His plans are much greater than any of my plans, and I am here to be obedient. 


Yes, the thought of possibly teaching in San Antonio still lingers in my mind, but the thought of teaching in Honduras and learning to trust His plan for me is far more exciting. 




 God is with you wherever you go, so be strong and take courage.
Joshua 1:9


2 comments:

  1. Glad you are writing a blog! San Antonio Schools will always be there when you get back... take advantage of this amazing opportunity. People say its "now or never", but I don't believe that in either direction. Just take this trip, learn and love, and you won't have a thing to regret :)
    -your cousin Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Laura! I'm still very excited to be going! This is so new to me and the reality is definitely kicking in.

    Who knows, when I get back a job in Austin might be ready for me!

    ReplyDelete