Sunday, March 11, 2012

It's been a while...

I'm sitting here, chomping down on an oatmeal-chocolatechip cookie with a small glass of milk, and I'm just thinking about the past few weeks that I've had. For sure they have been full of learning experiences. I have had a week full of misbehavior from my students and a week of complete attention and cooperation (this past week). I've had spurts of creative ideas, and times when I can't think of a clever sketchbook assignment. I've felt alone while sitting in the center of a group of people, and I've felt the love from others. I've come to know several students more on a personal level, and have had to remind them that discipline comes when there is misbehavior. I've had a student call me crazy (but in a "good way", so he says), and I've received several hugs from various students. I've tried harder to start ever class with a smile, even when they are not showing their best character, and I'm letting my humor show more and more each day.

A couple of things that are exciting... Family Fun Day (FFD) has passed and the Art Festival is right around the corner. FFD was a headache to prepare for, as I am a 7th grade advisor and this was their first experience participating in the actual event, but the learning experience that they received I think was well worth it. I feel as thought they are learning what it means to take responsibility, or at least some of them. Art Festival is exciting too! Although I'm not too sure of what to expect exactly, the group of students who I have on the list to take are very excited to be participating in the event and I couldn't ask for better attitudes!

Well, for those of you reading, I have a few prayer requests... one is that the students here at Pinares continue to open their hearts towards receiving God's love and that they see that Love shown through their teachers. I ask for prayer for sensitive spirits and willingness to be open and truthful with one another, both as a staff and as a community of believers.

Thank you for all of your support and for your prayers.

Some of the 7th graders advertising for the Cake Walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment