Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cocinar en Honduras

For some reason I have really enjoyed cooking here. The attention that some of the food requires during preparation makes me appreciate it all the more. I've really been taking chances with some of my meals here and I must say that the hidden chef inside me is starting to show. One of my roommates, Julie, commented one day that my cooking was half Honduran, half Mexican - that's exciting! I hope to learn how to cook more traditional Honduran food, but I definitely have time to perfect that. I did learn last week though how to bake banana bread - Honduran style. It turned out amazing! Thanks for the lesson Richard.

Here's a little food photography to hold you over. Enjoy!  :)

Pizza night! Made with Love, from scratch.  :)

One of mom's specialties... tacos. They came out almost perfect. Loved every bite though. 

My first attempt at guacamole without that  special Austin seasoning. The avocados are humungous! That seed there was lager than the lime I used - no joke. I'm gonna grow an avocado tree.

Honduran enchiladas. And I thought I was gonna get the Mexican version. Nope.

Baleadas... a Honduran thing. Not my thing, especially while on an egg boycott. 

Notice... my burger size versus John's burger size. :)

Peta pizza... yumm...

Taking it back to El Paso. Mom's classic nachos. Might I say, the jalapeƱos here are H-O-T!

My first attempt at teriyaki chicken. I will be making this again. Definitely. 


My first ever shrimp cookout. The only reason I tried it was because the shrimp was covered in bacon! 
It was delicious!


First official banana bread made the Honduran way. Thanks to Richard for the recipe!



Homemade Chamomile Tea  :) ... yes, from scratch

1 comment: